Hello! Happy February!! Sorry for the belated email, with Paris and balls to attend time has been minimal 😉
Todays lesson … Were gonna talk about The Stress Factor….. and why being an absolute drama queen makes you fat. 😊
So we all know about fight or flight right? So when your stressed, whether it be a job interview or you have lost one of your best shoes before a night out, your body releases two hormones, adrenaline and cortisol, so your all ready to go….. but wait!! There is no dinosaur to run away from? Your not being attacked by an old man with a broom? Na…. you've just lost a shoe, so all the adrenaline and cortisol and sugar that is released will be floating around your body will not get used up and burnt it will just stay there, and eventually store as fat. More than likely around your mid section.
I know we live in London and the lifestyle is constant but sometimes that little 15 mins you give yourself every now and again can really help.
We need to combat stress, you will never get to your full weight goal if your body is constantly under pressure.
So a few hints and tips ….
1. SLEEP (yeah I know I can't talk but I'm working on it) you need it, for your body to repair and grow and to function. Pick a bed time and avoid distractions (Facebook) rest.
2. Mornings….. wake up 15 mins earlier SAY WHATTT!!!! Yeah I know…. But there is a reason I get up at 4am, give yourself time in the morning, get ready at your pace, sit down and eat your breakfast, chill in bed for five before you get out. Rolling out of bed into your clothes with mascara on your chin eating your breakfast as you run to the tube is not the one….. trust me 😉
3. Evenings…. Try 15 mins before bed… unwinding… do your thing… no electronics… read a book (not work related, we don't want brain stimulation), if your a massive thinker as cliché as it sounds write down whatever is in your head and deal with it tomorrow
4. Avoid when possible stress inducing foods… Sweets, processed foods, salt, coffee, alcohol
5. And eat plenty of the following Turkey, Sweet potato, Avocado, Nuts and Berries.
Lastly OVER EXERCISING will do you NO favours…… yes you heard me!!! Your lifting and your cardio I have given for you plus a session or two is sufficient, its designed to be sufficient, running for ridiculous hours on the treadmill or coming in to train when sick is not the one, your putting your body under ridiculous amounts of stress…. Get in train hard… get the F out. Simple.
So in a nutshell kids…… Chill OUT!!!
Peace and love people
Linda Anne Adamson
My Goal... to make people happy with the skin they are in. To make the best of what they have got.