Ok... so many of my blog posts so far have been on how to look your best on the outside. Well today kids were going all internal.
I am especially fired up to write this blog today after being caught short with gluten this week and those of you with Celiac Disease will know exactly what this means, bed, baggy PJs and sleep.
So blonde guide to Celiac.
1. A Celiac body sees gluten as a threat
2. So when the gluten travels into a Celiac's intestines it attaches its self to the villi to be absorbed
3. The body then sends a full on attack on the gluten, wiping out the gluten and the villi it is attached too.
4. Intestines become painfully swollen, and villi is damaged, therefore the Celiac body will no longer absorb nutrients it requires, until they start to heal.
5. This then causes a chain of events whilst this is happening symptoms are as follows -
The only way to cure it...... there is no cure, you just have to sustain a Gluten Free Diet for the rest of your life, and avoid cross contamination where possible.
So i went Paleo .... and it works.
So being glutened up to my eyeballs today is not what i had planned, in bed balancing my laptop on my swollen abdomen... cancelling clients and being unable to train or stomach most my normal foods, i thought i would look into what is best to do when and if you are spiked by gluten, just remember guys this just doesn't have to be gluten any allergy or just digestive problems... this works.
Feeling Peaky ok.... Intestinal SOS...
1. 2 Shots of Apple Cider diluted with water, have a few of these over the course of the day... it helps the imflamation
2. Peppermint tea with a teaspoon of Mannuka Honey, Peppermint aids digestion, Mannuka contains good bacteria.. enough said.
3. Take your Probiotics!!!!
Foods easily absorbed.... once the imflamation is down, you don't want to set it back off, remember your insides are going to be damaged for a few days, let them recover...
Stick to these and you wont go far wrong.
Yeah not much fun but anything to make it better right?
Just until your feeling good again avoid the following as they are hard to absorb or quite rough on the intestines
Introduce them back in one by one over the course of a few days after your feeling better.
Your insides are number one priority... if your insides are a mess, your outside will soon follow suit.... look after them bad boys
Much love xxx
Linda Anne Adamson
My Goal... to make people happy with the skin they are in. To make the best of what they have got.