So you have a big party coming up? Want to be on top form or just look generally better than everyone else at the whole event?
Ok so here are my top tips for loosing a few pounds the healthy way, you need to give yourself a three weeks before hand.
1. Ditch the Processed foods... Basically only eat foods in their natural state.. Meat, vegetables, nuts and fruit in moderation.
2. Eat within an hour of waking and eat at least 5 small meals a day. Small portions of the above will speed up your metabolism no end and also stop cravings.
3. Drink plenty of water, old school but it works ... Try and make every other drink a glass of water.
4. Cut the caffeine... Max two cups per day. Too much caffeine raises cortisol in your blood stream causing your body to hold on to fat
5. Give your body some well deserved exercise... If you have no gym membership or exercise is not your thing.. Try walking home from work a few nights a week.
6. Do some interval training! Kids! Stop pounding away on that treadmill for hours on end, do some HIIT training work your backside off for 20 mins and your done.
7. Get enough sleep... Your body makes most changes when at rest, don't deprive yourself.
Champagne Sweat Out Circuit: 🍸
50 x Burpees 🙈
40 x Press Ups 💪
30 x Jumping Jacks 👯
20 x V sits 🔆
10 x Box Jumps 💕
50 x Box Jumps 💕
40 x V sits 🔆
30 x Jumping Jacks 👯
20 x Press Up
10 x Burpees 🙈
Now go party!
Hello! Happy February!! Sorry for the belated email, with Paris and balls to attend time has been minimal 😉
Todays lesson … Were gonna talk about The Stress Factor….. and why being an absolute drama queen makes you fat. 😊
So we all know about fight or flight right? So when your stressed, whether it be a job interview or you have lost one of your best shoes before a night out, your body releases two hormones, adrenaline and cortisol, so your all ready to go….. but wait!! There is no dinosaur to run away from? Your not being attacked by an old man with a broom? Na…. you've just lost a shoe, so all the adrenaline and cortisol and sugar that is released will be floating around your body will not get used up and burnt it will just stay there, and eventually store as fat. More than likely around your mid section.
I know we live in London and the lifestyle is constant but sometimes that little 15 mins you give yourself every now and again can really help.
We need to combat stress, you will never get to your full weight goal if your body is constantly under pressure.
So a few hints and tips ….
1. SLEEP (yeah I know I can't talk but I'm working on it) you need it, for your body to repair and grow and to function. Pick a bed time and avoid distractions (Facebook) rest.
2. Mornings….. wake up 15 mins earlier SAY WHATTT!!!! Yeah I know…. But there is a reason I get up at 4am, give yourself time in the morning, get ready at your pace, sit down and eat your breakfast, chill in bed for five before you get out. Rolling out of bed into your clothes with mascara on your chin eating your breakfast as you run to the tube is not the one….. trust me 😉
3. Evenings…. Try 15 mins before bed… unwinding… do your thing… no electronics… read a book (not work related, we don't want brain stimulation), if your a massive thinker as cliché as it sounds write down whatever is in your head and deal with it tomorrow
4. Avoid when possible stress inducing foods… Sweets, processed foods, salt, coffee, alcohol
5. And eat plenty of the following Turkey, Sweet potato, Avocado, Nuts and Berries.
Lastly OVER EXERCISING will do you NO favours…… yes you heard me!!! Your lifting and your cardio I have given for you plus a session or two is sufficient, its designed to be sufficient, running for ridiculous hours on the treadmill or coming in to train when sick is not the one, your putting your body under ridiculous amounts of stress…. Get in train hard… get the F out. Simple.
So in a nutshell kids…… Chill OUT!!!
Peace and love people
Linda Anne Adamson
My Goal... to make people happy with the skin they are in. To make the best of what they have got.